Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Heart to Heart with Sadie

So Sadie and I were laying in her bed talking about her day at school before she went to sleep. She told me that she is worried ... because she doesn't like any of the boys at her school. And she said what if I never get married? Oh My! My own insecurities are coming out in my 6 year old!!! I told her that she doesn't need to be married, because I am 28 and not married and it's ok. Now, can I talk myself into being ok with 28 and not being married?! Seriously!!

There are pros and cons to everything. Being single is great because I don't have to answer to anyone. I can go shopping and it's ok. If I am grumpy and need my space that's ok to! But I always had the idea that I would be married forever and be done with having kids by the time I was 30. Uuuuggghhh ... Did I ever think that I would be divorced?! Sure didn't! Don't get me wrong, I needed to be divorced. No one deserves to go thru the hurt that I went thru, but what happened to the "Once upon a time ... and they lived happily ever after?" Where's mine?!

I need to tell myself everyday is ... "Don't worry about the people in your past, there's a reason they didn't make it to your future."

2 comments:

jen said...

I love you Steph. Hang in there and just remember His clock is different than our clock.

Grandma Duffy said...

I love you Steph. You are a good mom and you are having a good life. A man would be great and I want that for you but you are okay. You aren't desperate anymore and so it will happen.